Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Throw Back Wednesdays



Based on fatso's most recent post, I decided to throw up the first Gang Starr song I had ever heard, that being "Rite Where You Stand". I remember listening to it in Flannel Man's basement and immediately being hooked. To me Gang Starr is easily overlooked as one of the greatest hip hop duo's of all time, and when they teamed up with Big L, it was an eargasm to say the least. RIP Guru & 'Big L Rest In Peace'





This is hip hop at its realest, real guys talking about real problems, and I know we blog rappers who rap about material items, AKA new age rappers, but to me, the greatest rappers of all time were the rappers who actually rapped for a reason, those in the late 80's early 90's who defined the genre. It's unfortunate that Guru and Big L will never be able to make such music ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment